Meet Rachel Gilberston. She’s the UMD’s Staff Health Coach through UPLAN.
What does Rachel do as a the UMD health coach?
(Health Education Majors)
- Plan, Organize, and Prepare Health Improvement Program (HIP) meetings. Assist in weekly meetings.
- Maintain contact with HIP guest presenters.
- Assist in the Employee Wellness Program Fall 2012 health challenge planning, promotion, implementation, and evaluation. This may include calculating weigh-in results, sending weekly informational and results emails, and providing support and encouragement to participants
- Participate (as needed) in weight management program, presentations, health fairs, and other appropriate meetings (departmental, campus, etc.)
- Document individual information and maintain the files within HIPAA and University guidelines to assure participant's privacy and confidentiality of information
- Assist in the development and ongoing use of Health Coaching program materials, promotions, and evaluations.
Other majors are applicable
Examples of other Majors
How many spot available for the fall?
1-2 maybe 3.
A little bit about Rachel
Rachel is a Health Education (Community) grad and had some trouble finding a job after graduation. With much hard work, Rachel teamed up with UMD to become the UPlan Health Coach/Health Educator.
Is this a growing occupation?
Absolutely! Here are some proof of when Rachel started out, compared to the current date.