Eta Sigma Gamma
- Main page webpage
What is Eta Sigma Gamma?
- This is a health honorary society who's mission is to "promote of the discipline by elevating the standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally prepared men and women in Health Education." The goal is further develop our skills and experience as a student and future health educator.
- All health majors and minors
- Initiation dinner (fun laid back event to welcome new members)
- Participation of community events such as:
- Jingle Bell Run (arthritis foundation)
- Polar Bear Plunge (Special Olympics)
- Table at UMD Health Fair
- Diabetes Walk
- Relay for Life Walk
- Highway cleanup
- Meet people in your degree, make friendships, and network with other students
- Build your resume/ portfolio
- Have an excuse to go have some fun in the community
- Practice the 7 responsibilities of health education
- Have fun and make memories
Check out the pictures!
- Host workshops on: e-portfolio, resume/ portfolio organization, interviewing for health education jobs
- Participate in new community events as long as they are pertaining to health education and the 7 health education responsibilities.
The first meeting is this Wednesday at 4pm in the SPHC 2nd floor. The room is to be determined.
Please feel free to leave questions or comments!
Questions and comments will be censored if necessary